EVALUATION BASICS - An Online Workshop with Kara Scally-Irvine
This workshop is aimed at those who are new to the profession, or for those who feel they need a refresher. It is suitable for those working in both government and not-for-profit, as well as anyone working in private consulting.
We’ll talk about to how to:
- effectively scope an evaluation
- identify a suitable evaluation approach
- develop evaluation questions and criteria
- develop a programme logic
- design a data collection approach and review considerations when selecting methods
- analyse and present findings, and strategies to develop good recommendations, and ensure your ‘outputs’ are useful and used.
You’ll learn about the theoretical foundations that sit behind evaluation, and we’ll discuss the skills and competencies evaluators need.
We’ll also briefly cover considerations when commissioning evaluations and explore what it means to conduct evaluations within New Zealand’s cultural context.
You’ll be given links to lots of great resources, including many that have been developed by our own New Zealand evaluation community.
Kara Scally-Irvine, Principal Consultant & Director, KSI Consulting Limited www.ksiconsulting.solutions
Date & Time
The EVALUATION BASICS workshop consists of two half-day online sessions:
- Wednesday 29 November AND Wednesday 6 December
- 9am - 12pm (NZST) both days
- ANZEA Members: $295 + GST
- Non-Members: $375 + GST
This is a paid event organised by the Aotearoa New Zealand Evaluation Association (ANZEA). All prices are in NZD.